Thursday, April 11, 2013

Continuing What I Started

Another year has come and gone.....and unfortunately, I failed again to continue my blog last year. I am hoping now that things have settled down, I can start right where I left off. Here's a recap of the amazing year, that I'll never forget!

At times, I think back and wonder how I survived 2013 as it was a crazy and busy year...But sometimes the craziest times in our lives seem to turn out as the best! In 2013, in the midst of planning (obsessively) for our October wedding, I decided it was as good of time as any to start a new job and train for another half marathon. Sometimes it's the most hectic of schedules that keep us focused and motivated on the final goals. And I'd have to say, 2013 was no different.

THE JOB

In July, I started a new job in marketing with a great company. This position gives me the opportunity to focus more on writing which was a goal I had set for last year. I continue to enjoy all I am learning and have fallen back into my love for writing!

THE WEDDING

ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE…For sure! I wouldn't change a thing. While I love planning and was focused on every detail, when the day was finally here, I made sure to enjoy and take everything in. People aren't kidding when they say the day flies by. It was a little sad at the end to know everything I had planned for the last year and a half was done…But the end reward was much worth it! And having our family and friends there to celebrate with us made it even more special.



THE RUN

Like I mentioned before, I love planning and am very detail-oriented (some may say "control freak"). So, planning a wedding, my wedding, I was very particlar about every...single...detail. Training for the IMT Half-Marathon (and amazing running buddies), kept me focused on the end purpose and helped get me in shape for the big day. With all of the pre-wedding events like my showers, bachelorette party, and Italian cookie making, PLUS the long 10, 11 and 12 miles runs falling the month before the wedding, I had to carefully plan runs into my schedule. This really proved to me that, no matter how busy you are, you can make time to workout.
It also helped knowing that with running, I could enjoy not thinking about all the wedding details or the constant information I was taking in at my new job. And on most of the runs, spend quality time with the three girls I was training with along the way. In the end, my goal was to "get through" this half-marathon in one piece. But with encouragment from my great running friends (and the crazy one who ran the full marathon), I ended up setting a PR! Now, if I can just get back to that place in my running for this year….

So look forward to more to come from me throughout 2013. This is the year that I will keep blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment