Friday, April 19, 2013

Back to the Beginning

Since it was over a year ago when I started this blog, I figured it would be nice to take a step back and fill you in on the beginning. I have always loved writing and hope to share inspiring stories to my readers (if when it gets to this point)!
Over the last couple of years, I have found a few great blogs that I religiously follow such as iowagirleats.com, younghouselove.com and bowerpowerblog.com. There are also a few great weddings blogs that helped inspire me while I was patiently waiting for my ring and wedding planning: popcornonthestove.com and rufflesandtruffles.com. I have loved learning from all of these individuals as they share their passions, life stories and experiences along the way. They’ve inspired me in many ways through their great recipes, DIY knowledge and fabulous wedding plans.

Throughout my journey, I'll plan to share my stories whether they're successes or failures along with organization tips, homemade meals, DIY projects and wedding plans — all the little things that help make our home sweet home in Iowa.

As far as recipes, let's kick it off with a quick and easy favorite in our house, buffalo chicken wraps. The fiery combination of buffalo chicken paired with the cool avocado and salsa mixture will sure be a favorite for your family too.

Ingredients:

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
Frank's buffalo sauce
Ranch dressing
Shredded cheese (monterrey jack or cheddar)
1 Avocado
Banana peppers
Small white onion
Grape tomatoes
4- 10 inch flour tortillas

Put a small amount of oil into a large nonstick skillet. Add the chicken and cooke over medium heat until no longer pink in the middle. When the chicken is almost done, add the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing.

While the chicken is cooking, start on your salsa. Mix together chopped white onion, banana peppers and tomatoes (amount to your preference). Add in the avocado last.

To assemble wraps:

Lay tortilla on a work surface or plate. Spread with more buffalo or ranch (if you'd like). Then, top with chicken, cheese and the salsa mixture. Roll over the top of the tortilla and slightly tuck it under your filling, fold in the sides and finish rolling the tortilla over. Repeat with remaining tortillas.

There are many options with this recipe to customize it for you or your family...And still enjoy the great flavor! Watching your calories? Try using a whole-wheat tortilla or add the mixture over lettuce for a buffalo chicken salad instead. Buffalo too spicy for the little ones? Modify the amount or just use the ranch dressing.

Whatever your preference, these wraps are sure to be enjoyed by everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment