17 Things Running Teaches You About Life
- To be good at anything, you have to put in the time and effort no matter how talented you are.
- Your abilities and someone else’s abilities are not the same. Do the best that YOU can do.
- If winning is your objective, realize that you have to work 10 times harder than the next best person.
- No matter how hard you work and how prepared you are, disappointments will happen.
- The most gratifying experiences usually come as a result of enduring the most painful trials.
- To be great at anything, you have to risk failing terribly at it.
- A lot of people endure the same pains that you do.
- If you focus on putting one foot in front of the other, you will eventually reach the finish line.
- You cannot reach the finish line unless you start.
- The mind is a very powerful thing. If you can train your mind to keep going even when your body wants to quit, you can achieve some incredible things.
- Learning the difference between physically being unable to continue and giving up.
- Accepting that every day is different — some days 5 miles is really easy, other days it feels like a cruel punishment.13. Pace yourself.
- You cannot give 100%, 100% of the time.
- Sometimes you need a day off, a day off from everything.
- The worst time, the slowest pace, the last person to finish the race is still better off than the person who refused to try.
- Even if you fall, even if you cannot finish today, you can and should pick yourself up and try again tomorrow.
Source: Thought Catalog